Qrypt builds quantum-secure encryption software and hardware in partnership with world-class national laboratories and academic institutions. We value protecting individual privacy and being transparent about the technology we use to enable it. The foundation of Qrypt technology is published by our experts in peer-reviewed scientific journals and supported by a growing portfolio of international patents. Qrypt’s product portfolio builds on these technologies to ensure enduring data security in the quantum age.
Qrypt is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our growing team. The Systems Engineer will own the deployment, configuration, management, and monitoring of Qrypt's hardware infrastructure (servers, networking, power, and support). They will work with the Qrypt hardware and software team to translate product requirements into deployed infrastructure.
This position is in Germantown, MD.
- Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Monitor deployed hardware and perform first-line triage and troubleshooting
- Develop a deep understanding of the system to be able to identify and resolve issues
- Identify hardware (server, networking, firewall, etc.) needs based on product team requirements (number of users, random generation, etc.)
- Develop and carry out processes to translate product requirements/system level requirements into actionable plans to identify, purchase, configure/assemble, and deploy required hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Math, Physics, Engineering) and/or relevant work experience
- Expertise in the installation, upgrade, configuration, and performance tuning of Linux-based servers
- Understanding of networking concepts
- 4+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Datacenter engineer, or equivalent
- Experience with configuration of L2 and L3 networking equipment
- Proficiency with bash and/or Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to install servers and networking equipment in a colo/datacenter environment
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Pay & Equity
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental & vision plan participation
- Strong 401K matching program
- Gym Reimbursement
- But above all, be part of an amazing team! Together, we’ll make this world a safer place
Qrypt’s mission is to protect the world’s data. Ending encryption key transmission, the Qrypt Quantum Security suite hardens security and future-proofs encryption against quantum attacks. Qrypt’s unique technology independently generates one-time pads and symmetric keys at multiple endpoints, so that customers can eliminate key transmissions from critical workflows today. Qrypt's team of engineers, physicists, and cryptographers is committed to creating a new standard in security.